The Society for Ecological Restoration (SER) is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization based in Washington D.C. with nearly 3,000 members in more than 70 countries, 13 regional chapters, and two thematic sections. Our mission is to advance the science, practice, and policy of ecological restoration to sustain biodiversity, improve resilience in a changing climate, and re-establish an ecologically healthy relationship between nature and culture
. Learn more about us on our website: www.ser.org
Position Overview: The Society for Ecological Restoration (SER) is seeking an enthusiastic applicant with environmental knowledge to join our team. This is a three-quarters time, intermediate-level position with remote working the preferred option. The Program Associate will act as the principal liaison with SER Chapters (Components) while also supporting program development and implementation, including oversight of SER’s Social Media accounts. The Program Associate will work closely with the Program Manager and the Membership Director.
(approximately 25% of time (7.5 hours/week)): tasks focus on supporting and servicing SER chapters and sections globally. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as the initial point of contact for all chapters and thematic sections
- Coordinate North American Coordinating Committee and Chapter Relations Committee meetings with the Chairs of each of those committees
- Support the development of new regional chapters
- Assist SER chapters by supporting event management and registration, providing printed promotional materials, supporting chapter-led webinars, etc.
Program and conference
(approximately 50% of time (15 hours/week)): tasks focus on supporting SER member programming as outlined below:
- Identify and/or develop content for and maintain all social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram (this may including hiring and overseeing social media interns) with a goal of increasing reach and engagement with SER
- Create and distribute two monthly e-newsletters (Restore, Events & Opportunities)
- Support key program services, including SER global conferences and the SER webinar series
- Maintain key components of SER website, including home page items, Community Calendar, internship board, etc.
- Lead internal graphic design efforts (with consistent branding) including quarterly newsletter layout, banner ads, social media posts, homepage icons, printed materials, etc. as needed
- Promote SER membership and benefits across all communications channels
(approximately 25% of time (7.5 hours/week)): tasks include but are not limited to:
- Track/ensure sponsor benefits are delivered, including through social media posts, banner ads, etc.
- Assist in fundraising initiatives including giving campaigns, sponsorship engagement, etc.
- Act as a resource for initial member inquiries
- Monitor general SER email accounts, and directing member queries to appropriate technical staff
- Schedule and assist with coordination/support for Board of Directors and Executive Director including quarterly meetings, supporting board elections, etc.
- Maintain SER’s electronic filing/archive system
The position task list may change depending on the candidate’s expertise as well as Society priorities.