Job Title: Social Media and Outreach Coordinator
Department/Division: ACE Culture and Communications
Status: Regular Full-Time, Salaried (Exempt)
Reports To: Marketing and Communications Manager
Schedule/Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week. Typical work hours of 8:30pm - 5:00pm (Monday - Friday) local time with some adjustment expected to accommodate specific projects and program needs, such as occasional evenings and weekends.
Start Date: Open Until Filled
Reporting to the Marketing and Communication Manager, the Social Media and Outreach Coordinator will support ACE’s public engagement on our social media platforms (TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn) and support marketing and outreach activities as part of ACE’s recruitment strategy. A successful candidate will help build relationships with diverse communities of people interested in learning more about conservation work and help market the ACE experience through all social media accounts. Additionally, the candidate will use marketing strategies that align with ACE’s Core Values: Quality, Inclusion, Professional Development, Stewardship, and Partner Immersion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Culture and Communications team in strategic marketing outreach to community colleges, universities, and organizations to support national marketing, communications, and recruitment efforts.
- Assist with marketing and communications outreach to ACE alumni members to increase engagement.
- Explore creative avenues to engage students on campus or virtually.
- Enhance engagement with potential candidates through social media platforms.
- Assist in preparing and distributing marketing materials for in-person and virtual community events and other marketing materials as needed.
- Creates, writes, and edits social media posts for ACE social media platforms with a focus on talent acquisition to support the organization’s overarching marketing strategy.
- Ensure division social media content adheres to brand guidelines.
- Connect with ACE’s multiple divisions to collect member stories, testimonials, and other important content to incorporate into the organization’s communications material.
- Remains cognizant of, and adheres to, ACE policies and procedures.
- Attends periodic functions as needed (e.g., community events, college career fairs, info-sessions, volunteer events, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Dedicated to supporting and furthering ACE’s Core values (Click HERE for more information)
- BA/BS degree in Education, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Non-profit or related area of study OR related experience.
- At least three (3) years of practical communications and/or marketing experience.
- Has a vision and passion for building and implementing change.
- Has the ability to build and maintain sustainable relationships with diverse communities through marketing and social media.
- Excellent command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, experience in creating compelling content and understanding how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Experience using social media management and scheduling platforms.
- Has a balance between strategic thinking, execution, and embracing a collaborative approach.
- Is a self-starter who proactively seeks solutions and engagement, has a passion to advance the organization’s reach.
- Familiar with SEO best practices.
- Strong time management skills: ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Simultaneously and effectively independently or on a team.
- Well-suited for working in a remote team environment; Ability to work remotely and independently
- Eager to learn and take on new and varied responsibilities.
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Must possess high initiative and be detail oriented.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work well with others and to seek assistance when needed to carry out assignments.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and capacity to work in a fluid, changing work environment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Ability to understand and follow ACE systems and processes
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record.
- Proficient in English.
- Ability to pass a federal criminal background check.
- Willing to abide by ACE Policy and Federal Drug Free workplace policies and laws. ACE reserves the right to drug test at any time.
- All ACE members and staff must verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by the time they start their term/position or request a medical or religious exemption.
Physical Demands, Work Environment and Working Conditions:
Physical Demands: Requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, using hands to handle or feel, reaching with hands and arms, talks and hears. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard/mouse and other office equipment. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, climb stairs, and/or crouch (all physical demands are required with or without reasonable accommodations).
Vision Requirements: Requires close, distance, peripheral and depth perception vision as well as the ability to focus.
Weight Lifted or Force Exerted: Frequently moves up to 10 lbs., occasionally moves up to 25 pounds.
Environmental: Mainly indoor, office environment conditions; indoor air quality is good and temperature is controlled.
Noise Environment: Moderate noise such as in a business office with equipment and light traffic.
Travel: This position may require domestic travel as needed.
What’s in it for you?
- True working flexibility from wherever you are within the continental United States of America. ACE staff work from home, one of our regional offices, or a combination of both.
- Generous leave policy
- Access to a company 403b retirement account.
- A role at a fast-growing, mission-focused organization.
- The opportunity to make a big impact and bring new, innovative, and creative approaches to the table.