If you are a talented campaigner with a great sense of humour, passion for our forests, and are ready to change the world – then you may well be out perfect new team member! Canopy is growing and we’re looking for Corporate Campaigners to bring creativity, passion and strong strategic savvy to our innovative campaigns to safeguard the world’s forests and species.
As part of Canopy’s Campaign Team, you will work with other talented campaigners to ensure Canopy meets our bold vision for a more sustainable planet! You’ll spend time working with some of the world’s most influential corporate executives to leverage on-the-ground conservation and transform unsustainable supply chains.
We are looking forward to being impressed by your campaigning skills and creative approaches that show us you’ll be an amazing addition to the team!
- Engage large corporate producers and consumers of forest products to develop and implement environmental purchasing policies and motivate them to become champions of conservation.
- Provide support to corporate partners in strategies that will increase the supply of eco-friendly pulp/paper/fabrics/packaging for their sector and transform supply chains.
- Work with the Canopy team and allies to secure conservation in priority landscapes.
- Work closely with the Canopy team to develop and implement creative, strategic campaigns that transform systems of production and speed us on our way to reaching our 2030 conservation goals.
- Razzle dazzle our primary audiences with your strong presentation skills, online and off.
- Design kick-ass events and projects in collaboration with Canopy’s communications, philanthropic and campaign teams.
- Support the organization’s fundraising efforts.
There are few environmental organizations that can match Canopy in its unflinching commitment to saving the world’s forests and the many species that depend on them, while having the pragmatic acumen necessary to help companies do better by those forests” – Margaret Atwood
Canopy is an award-winning not-for-profit organization dedicated to protecting the world’s forests, species and climate, and supporting the advancement of community rights. Canopy collaborates with more than 850 companies to implement robust environmental policies, catalyze innovative solutions, transform unsustainable supply chains and secure forest conservation and human rights. Best known for greening the Harry Potter series internationally, Canopy’s partners include Stella McCartney, The Guardian, The Gap, Sainsbury’s, Uniqlo, PUMA, The Globe and Mail and H&M. Canopy’s work relies on the support of individual donors who share our passion for the planet.
Canopy is a nimble, fast-paced, results-driven conservation organization with a strong track record of success. We know that our planet is under stress and believe that change is long overdue. We think 800-year-old trees don’t need to be used to make packaging, t-shirts or junk mail – and we’re committed to doing all we can to keep them standing. We love chocolate and playing charades. Working hard is in our DNA - as is having fun and being creative. Pragmatic and audacious, we are driven to produce results at a proportional scale to the environmental problems our world is grappling with. We are part of the growing movement that believes Nature Needs Half – a science driven initiative that recommends 30-50% of the world’s forests need to be protected by 2030, to ensure forest ecosystems are able to fulfil the ecological functions and services we need for life on Earth.
Our Top 4:
- Greening the Harry Potter book series and with it revolutionizing the way books are published.
- Ensuring that being stylish doesn’t cost the earth – Canopy Style is the hottest thing on the runway with 52% of global viscose production now assessed as “green-shirt” status. Conserving millions of acres of forest alongside environmental allies and traditional communities in Canada’s great Bear Rainforest, Boreal forests and Indonesia’s rainforests.
- Kick-starting the commercial production of Next Generation Solutions to revolutionize how viscose, paper and packaging is produced without relying on cutting down trees
- Getting out of the box – Our Pack4Good campaign is picking up strong early momentum as we work to shift this supply chain’s impact on forests.
Do not hesitate to contact Fawzia. She loves to be campaigned and will tell you how campaigning is incomplete without a splash of magic! For a detailed job descriptions please contact Fawzia at +1 604 329 5678 or email [email protected]