Terms of Employment
- Full time position
- Location: Remote, with occasional presence at in-person meetings or events by prior arrangement. Direct supervisor is located in NYC time zone (Eastern Time - US), and regular meetings during either morning or afternoon for this time zone will be necessary.
- Salary and Benefits: Salary range is $70,000-$82,500 USD, dependent on skills, experience.
- Vacation: 4 weeks annually. In addition, the organization’s offices are closed during the final week of the year.
- Full medical and dental coverage.
- Retirement plan with 4% employer contribution.
Because the Earth and all people are sacred and at risk, GreenFaith is building a global, multi-faith, grassroots climate and the environmental movement. We bring together people of different religions and create local GreenFaith Circles to transform ourselves, our spiritual institutions, and society to protect the planet and create a compassionate, loving and just world.
GreenFaith is an international interfaith environmental and climate justice organization - one of the oldest organizations of its kind. We have a long history of working with diverse religious and spiritual communities, educating about the moral and sacred basis for protecting the environment, and mobilizing religious and spiritual communities on environmental and climate justice campaigns. We are now building a globally distributed team that organizes within diverse countries and religious groups in support of climate justice.
Over the past fifteen years, GreenFaith has grown from a regional organization working in the greater New York area to working nationally and internationally. We now have staff in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and North America. We are seeking to hire an Operations Director who can continue to develop and improve all aspects of GreenFaith’s operations, and to support the organization’s evolution from a US-based to a truly international organization.
The Operations Director will manage organizational and administrative functions across the organization and will oversee a Part Time Operations Associate. Areas of responsibility include human resources, overseeing work done by accounting/bookkeeping and IT firms, developing operational support systems for GreenFaith’s work in various countries (and possibly assisting with opening/organizing offices in different countries), establishing equitable pay scales and personnel policies across multiple countries, coordinating the flow of information from staff to the organization’s board, organizing meetings, coordinating schedules, event planning, identifying capable and cost-effective vendors in a variety of fields, and helping facilitate GreenFaith’s relations with global partners, stakeholders and funders. In addition, the Operations Director will be responsible for supporting execution of projects to achieve the goals and objectives set forth by GreenFaith’s Anti-Racism and Anti Discrimination Committees.
The Director will evaluate current, establish new, and manage all systems needed for GreenFaith’s growth and expansion, including financial operations, human resources, donation acknowledgement, and more.
- Five-seven years’ experience with operations management, international human resources practices, and systems development experience, particularly in international NGOs
- Aptitude and experience with all operational aspects of non-profit planning, management and compliance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong intercultural and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- An understanding of grassroots, national, and international nonprofit programming and administration, including fundraising, programmatic campaigning, intercultural sensitivity
- Experience supporting organizational diversity, equity, inclusion and justice processes
- Adept at the use of email, social media and Google Suite and software platforms including Salesforce, Action Network, ActBlue, WordPress, and Zoom.
- Language skills beyond English (Spanish, French are priorities but all language skills should be included in the application)
The candidate should:
- Have enthusiasm for supporting a vibrant, respectful, high-performing organizational culture and user-friendly operating procedures
- Be committed to improving staff performance and satisfaction, developing a responsive and equitable international human resource program
- Demonstrate a commitment to climate and environmental justice, with an understanding of and committment to dismantling systemic oppression based on race, class, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity
- Be flexible, collaborative and enthusiastic about working in international contexts and with those of diverse cultures and religions
- Be flexible with work hours, with the ability to work up to several days/month in early morning or late evening due to the international nature of GreenFaith’s work
- Be well-organized in their working style and confident in collaboration with diverse staff.
- Being a person grounded in faith or spirituality, and having an appreciation of the value of religion as a force for good, is an added advantage
If you meet most but not all of these qualifications but have additional experience relevant to this position and a passion for GreenFaith’s mission, we encourage you to apply.
GreenFaith is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law.