The Women’s Equality Center provides strategic communications and campaign support to the reproductive health, rights, and justice field at all levels, developing long-term, big-picture messaging frameworks around emerging issues and complementing and strengthening the work of organizations in Latin America and the Caribbean via grants, integrated policy and communications campaigns, and rapid-response operations.
As an organization, WEC prioritizes a collaborative environment, allowing for flexibility in the structure among teams and roles. We aim to keep boundaries between roles flexible to ensure that we’re bringing the full range of expertise, experience, and perspective of every team member to the strategies we’re developing and work we’re doing. As a small organization, everyone does a little bit of everything here - no job is too small. We’ve worked very hard to establish an organizational culture based on collaboration, candor, transparency, and a great deal of mutual respect and trust. We take these values very seriously and expect that of any new member of our team.
Reporting to a Director or Associate Director, the Digital Campaigns Coordinator is an entry-level position that will provide day-to-day support for WEC’s digital campaigns aimed at expanding reproductive rights in a number of Latin American and Caribbean countries. This role will support our digital strategies and tactics and assist in growing online communities. This is a great opportunity for someone who is creative and has an understanding of how digital communications reach decision makers and help sway public opinion. The Digital Campaigns Coordinator will need to be bilingual, and fluently speak, write, and read in Spanish and English.
Essential Responsibilities and Activities:
- Support the implementation of digital strategies across multiple digital campaigns including posting, using polls and surveys, RSS support, and monitoring engagement and effectiveness.
- Serve as community manager and moderator across several campaigns by responding to comments, ensuring usage of brand voice, and drafting responses for review and approval.
- Conduct reviews of content grids.
- Stay up to date and informed on the latest digital trends and news, including new ways to engage users, leverage paid and organic content, use social listening, and other relevant tactics.
- Support with administrative tasks as needed, such as vendor invoices and contract process, including vendor communication to ensure accuracy, and processing expense reports.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, including logistical planning, recording meeting minutes, and IT support as needed.
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualities:
- Previous experience within a professional office
- Complete fluency in Spanish with strong emphasis on fluent writing, grammar, editing and proofreading skills in Spanish, with a knack for creative, engaging copywriting, tone, and an eagle eye for editing.
- Strong virtual communication and collaboration: Efficiency and comfort with Slack and Google Suite, responsiveness via email, and willingness to participate in weekly group calls or as needed
- Proactive user of social media platforms; knowledge of digital trends, content management systems, and digital advertising platforms.
- Have a keen understanding of how to reach different audiences, especially when using persuasive messaging.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Comfortable multitasking and managing many projects simultaneously, and under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment, and open to criticism and compromise.
- High attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with and respect people of different cultures and viewpoints.
- Passion for making a difference; a growth mindset, can-do attitude, versatility, and openness to engaging in a spectrum of work.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally, up to 25% of the time, some of which may occur over weekends.