Rewire News Group (rewirenewsgroup.com) is the only media organization exclusively dedicated to reporting on reproductive and sexual health, rights, and justice. We’re a nonprofit, no-paywall, multiplatform newsroom that reaches nearly 1 million readers per month across our site, social channels, newsletter, podcast, and events. Rewire News Group is a remote, independent 501©(3) organization and an equal opportunity employer. Black, Indigenous and other people of color; LGBTQIA+ people; and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Rewire News Group is seeking an enthusiastic Digital Development Specialist with experience in online fundraising and/or digital marketing/communications. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, collaborator, and coordinator who can keep up with our editorial content and the repro landscape in general and find opportunities to build fundraising efforts around it.
The Digital Development Specialist will report to the Vice President, Finance and Operations, and work closely with the Development Manager and VP of Audience Engagement among others. The Development Specialist will primarily focus on online fundraising strategies and digital events. This is a great opportunity for a young professional to gain experience and grow in a development role.
To be successful in this position, the Digital Development Specialist should be a creative and innovative self-starter with a passion for reproductive rights from the perspective of journalism rather than advocacy.
This position is within a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining.
- Work with the development manager and leadership to develop, manage and execute comprehensive online donor engagement, retention and growth strategies;
- Work with the social media manager and development manager to develop social media-focused fundraising campaigns;
- Create engaging and dynamic email copy and communications;
- Coordinate Rewire News Group digital events to cultivate and grow the donor base;
- Manage the Bloomerang donor database and ensure individual giving and other interactions are recorded and acknowledgments are sent in a timely manner;
- Manage donor data, and regularly compile and present reports and dashboards;
- Research and stay up to date on audience engagement and fundraising best practices, trends and related topics;
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- At least two (2) years of experience in online fundraising or digital communications/marketing;
- Disciplined self-starter with the ability to work with team members at all levels to develop and execute on development strategies, goals, campaigns, and tactics;
- Demonstrated experience creating engaging and dynamic email copy or newsletters;
- Experience with MailChimp preferred;
- Experience planning and executing virtual events preferred;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to adapt style and tone to different audiences;
- Experience with donor databases and analysis of donor and engagement data;
- Understanding of digital communications strategies and the social media landscape as they evolve;
- Organization, attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills in a fast paced environment;
- Willingness to follow and operate within stated Rewire News Group policies and values;
- Creativity, flexibility, passion, drive, inclusivity, and a sense of humor!
Rewire News Group is a remote first organization, and therefore candidates for this position must have a home or other location with secure internet access from which to work. Candidates must be based within the continental U.S. and legally authorized to work in the U.S. Preference will be given to candidates in locations in which current staff operate, with ideal candidates based in either the Washington, DC, New York City, or greater Denver metro areas.