Position Title: Database & Development Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Compensation: The salary for this position is $50,000-$56,000/year. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Reports to: Director of Donor Relations & Community Engagement, Vice President of Development
Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. & Northern Virginia (Habitat DC-NOVA) seeks a resourceful, adaptable, and collaborative individual to join our Development & Marketing team as a Database & Development Operations Manager. The Database & Development Operations Manager is passionate about Habitat’s mission, highly communicative and collaborative, solution-focused, analytical, and detail-oriented. The Manager has demonstrated experience in Salesforce, CRM management, Microsoft Office, and data analytics and visualization.
The Database & Development Operations Manager manages the donor database and all donation platforms, completes gift entry, produces and sends donor acknowledgements, and generates analytics reports. The Manager will maintain our SalesForce database by setting standards and procedures to ensure the integrity and accuracy of Habitat DC-NOVA’s donor data. This position works closely with the development team to administer department operations, including assisting with communication, stewardship, event coordination, and other supportive tasks as needed. This position also supports the marketing and communications functions. If the skills are present, this position has a growth opportunity for social media and website management and other marketing functions.
About Habitat DC-NOVA
Habitat for Humanity of Washington, D.C. & Northern Virginia (Habitat DC-NOVA) believes that everyone deserves a safe, decent, and affordable place to call home. We help families with low and moderate incomes build strength, stability, and self-reliance by creating and preserving affordable homeownership. While we are best known for building and selling affordable homes, we do so much more: we repair existing homes, mobilize and advocate in support of pro-housing policies and solutions, provide homeowner financial education, and engage thousands of volunteers across the region. Our work brings together local families, community partners, volunteers, faith-based organizations, companies, and individuals to serve families in need of shelter. Habitat DC-NOVA launched in 2022 when DC Habitat and Habitat NOVA combined to become a single, regional organization. You can learn more about our work at www.dchabitat.org
- Manage the data entry and processing of all pledges, gifts, and contributions.
- Ensure data integrity by establishing and enforcing standards for database and donor and volunteer records including data entry policy and procedures, tracking, and coding systems.
- Oversee database upgrades and recommend changes to improve data management, development processes, and general efficiency.
- Stay up to date on best practices and database updates.
- Create an internal database training and policy guide, train staff on database usage, and troubleshoot issues.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with vendors or service providers for database or related services.
- Prepare, track, print, and mail all acknowledgement letters. Ensures the timely mailing of appropriate acknowledgements and tax reporting information.
- Create and run queries and produce financial, analytical, and statistical reports on development activities on a regular or as-needed basis.
- Run financial reports for reconciliation and preparation for audit with finance office.
- Provide support for special projects, fundraising events, and other strategic fundraising initiatives.
- Assist with other duties as assigned to support the development department.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities held by this position. Responsibilities may change over time. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Associates degree in business or related field, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in fundraising database management and administration (SalesForce preferred)
- 2-3 years of non-profit administrative work
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and experienced in producing graphs, charts, and reports
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple supervisors and set priorities
- Able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Flexible; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Desire to learn and grow
- Social media and website management a plus
- Impeccably organized and takes pride in meticulous attention to detail
- Strong administrative and time management skills
- Takes initiative and thinks strategically and analytically