Oversight of all accounting, procurement, budget and human resource functions in the United States, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), and in collaboration with Canada affiliate.
The Head of Finance and Administration will build and lead a team of professionals to service the organization through financial management, reporting, human resources administration and contract management. He/she will develop and implement processes and procedures for both domestic and international regions related to finance, human resources and contract management.
The Head of Finance and Administration will oversee the collection and maintenance of financial information in the various systems and will be responsible for all internal and external reporting of financial information. The Head of Finance and Administration will utilize accurate financial reporting and analytics to assist the executive team with strategic planning and evaluation.
He/she will ensure compliance with all applicable finance and human resource related laws and regulations. This position will work with different teams across Corporate and the field including programs and partners.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Detail-oriented and comfortable both building out and enforcing processes and procedures for
financial and administrative functions. Great analytical skills in budget development and financial management. Ability to identify discrepancies in administrative functions and problem-solve in a prompt manner. Ability to hold oneself and staff accountable to agreed upon processes and procedures. High degree of ability to manage confidential and sensitive matters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Five (5) years’ job-related experience in a managerial finance role.
- Proficient knowledge of accounting and financial procedures; and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with Non-Profit GAAP accounting.
- Knowledge of Human Resources functionalities.
- Experience with working with an international team.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Audit experience.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Proven record of ability to produce clear financial GAAP reports.
- Proven ability to use analytics of financial data to drive organizational and project level decisions from strategy to design and implementation.
- Proven record of ability to develop and implement organizational processes
- Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple developments and working with many teams.
- Experience in using Quickbooks Online
- Advanced excel knowledge
- Excellent presentation skills to internal and external audiences
- Fluency in English required and ability to travel to field sites.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to assign and review the work of team members, as well as motivate and engage them.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours on an occasional basis as teams are in Africa, Latin America, Asia, and the US.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and global setting.