Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world. We believe that service in support of social change is vital to a flourishing Jewish community and an inspired Jewish life. By 2030, Repair will inspire and catalyze one million acts of service towards repairing the world.
Repair is building a national Jewish service movement that mobilizes young adults to serve in their communities, catalyzes service through deep partnerships within Jewish communal organizations, and inspires people to take action through time-bound thematic national service campaigns, digital engagement, and service. Our mission provides volunteers with an increased connection to meaningful service and learning as a Jewish value, builds capacity for nonprofit partners to meet their missions, and deepens connections across lines of difference.
Are you a curious and humble strategist who can ensure that decisions are made smarter and teamwork is made more effective through robust Salesforce use? Do you enjoy grappling with the technical pieces of Salesforce while also thinking strategically about improvements to our CRM system? Repair the World is seeking a full-time Salesforce Administrator to lead our Salesforce strategy as a Data Strategy Senior Manager, while maintaining our everyday data and reporting needs. In collaboration with our Data Associate and Salesforce consultants, this position will have the opportunity to drive and improve Salesforce use forward throughout the organization and ensure a strong data-informed culture, leading with a “customer service” mindset with our staff and full-time fellows. This role will draw on your knowledge of effective organizational collaboration, combined with robust technological platforms and people-centered process and training.
This position is on Repair’s national team, reports to the Senior Director of Digital Strategy, and will ideally be located in one of Repair’s communities (Atlanta, Baltimore, Bay Area, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Pittsburgh).
Strategy & Growth
- Manage robust strategy that continuously moves Repair the World to be a more data-driven organization through strategic goals built in partnership with Repair’s Strategy Leadership Team.
- Report quarterly on participant numbers, acts of service and learning (our metric to measure the depth and breadth of our work), and engagement, building clear communication around our data at an organization-wide level.
- Build out responsive and forward-thinking Salesforce reports and dashboards in partnership with the team, enabling our team to have seamless access to the data they need, in a digestible and powerful format across programming and fundraising.
- Develop evaluation forms and data collection processes; combine quantitative and qualitative data in quarterly and annual reports to demonstrate Repair’s impact and growth, including external evaluation efforts incorporating.
- Partner effectively with our teams to build and increase their data and storytelling muscles.
Data Analysis and Administration
- Strengthen our data culture - wear a “knowledge management hat” in staff meetings - bring data/processes to the table at all times, and coach colleagues on bringing data and smart knowledge management processes to each new initiative.
- Be the point person for all data collection processes - integrate Salesforce with third-party tools, including email marketing tools, online forms, and payment processors.
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of Salesforce, while communicating key strategic elements to our staff and fellows.
- Analyze and compile findings from reporting and evaluations, sharing high-level insights with our executive team, board, funders, staff, and fellows.
Ongoing Support and Training
- Partner with the Data Associate to strategize and plan frequent training sessions to empower our staff and fellows within Salesforce.
- Proactively create, maintain, and upgrade user documentation for staff and fellows including best practices, user guides, and general tips and tricks.
- Ensure data cleanliness by running duplicate merge processes and scanning for any human or computer errors in the data. Run routine and project-based database maintenance.
- Create online forms (through FormAssembly) which connect directly to Salesforce, and make sure that any time someone is collecting data, that process matches our Salesforce configuration and requirements.
- Keep up to date on and plan for new features in Salesforce, FormAssembly, and Salesforce apps, and provide ongoing training as Salesforce implements new features.
- Serve as Repair’s liaison to our Salesforce consultants’ OpenTent.
Position Requirements and Skills
- 5+ years of professional experience including 3+ years of Salesforce experience in nonprofits
- Formal certifications like Salesforce Certified Administrator, Advanced Administrator, App Builder, etc. are preferred, but not required
- Understanding of the capabilities of Salesforce, including security controls (profiles, permission sets, public groups, queues, sharing settings), process automation tools (workflows, flows, process builder), and business application development (custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, record types, apps, tabs)
- Creative problem-solver able to anticipate and solve problems independently, and follow through on projects to completion
- Ability to translate technical jargon- verbally, in writing, and through presentation - into colloquial language
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with attention to detail and commitment to follow-through
- Passion for Repair the World’s mission and organizational values that guide our work with the frame of repairing the world (Tikkun Olam) leading to the pursuit of justice (Tzedek)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter here
Repair the World Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrahi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Compensation at Repair the World is determined based on the salary band for the role and adjusted based on the cost of living where the final candidate resides. For candidates with 3+ years of Salesforce administrator experience, compensation for this role ranges from $70,000 - $90,000 depending on experience and the candidate’s location. Benefits package includes paid time off for service in addition to vacation and holidays, employer pays 100% for employee medical/dental/vision coverage and 50% for dependents, retirement matching, and professional development funds. In addition, employees that have been with Repair for at least a year are eligible for 12 weeks of paid parental leave.
The process for the hired applicant will include the following steps:
- Submission of a Resume, as well as a Cover Letter, briefly responding to the prompt: What is an experience or project that has prepared you for leading Repair’s data work?
- Applicants who move forward will have a first-round screening with a member of Repair’s Strategy team.
- Applicants that move forward from a first-round interview will be asked to complete and submit a written assignment & have a second-round interview with Repair’s Director of Human Resources and Data Associate.
- The final round interview will be with Repair’s Senior Director of Digital Strategy and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Two professional references will be requested before the final round of the interview process.