The Director of Development must have:
- A proven track record of managing a multifaceted development program.
- Experience leading and motivating a team, preferably in a remote-work environment.
- A minimum of five years of previous development experience, preferably including two years in a major gifts officer capacity.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- A willingness to travel throughout the U.S., with frequent evening and weekend work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A capacity to work independently and effectively under the pressure of constant deadlines.
- An upbeat, engaging personality that will attract new supporters to invest in our mission and the ability to consistently motivate current donors to maintain and increase their support.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission.
- A plant-based lifestyle preferred but not required.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.