The Community Engagement Manager will grow and maintain the constituencies who participate in the Alliance’s work to protect the land, water and community in the Shenandoah Valley. The person in this role will also advance partnerships that engage diverse voices and new demographics in our conservation mission.
Areas of Responsibility
The Community Engagement Manager reports to the Director of Communications and Development and works closely with Alliance program staff to:
Cultivate partnerships that advance shared land, water and community goals in the Shenandoah Valley.
- Develop new strategic partnerships with nonprofits, agencies and civic groups within the Shenandoah Valley to advance shared community health, agricultural vitality, and clean water goals.
- Emphasize partnerships that elevate new voices, diverse demographics, environmentally impacted or underserved communities in our region.
- Manage and foster deeper relationships with existing partners.
Provide leadership in growing and maintaining the constituencies that share the Alliance’s vision for the future of the Shenandoah Valley.
- Plan and execute strategic outreach and events to engage community members in conservation programs, outdoor recreation opportunities, agricultural vitality, and conservation advocacy.
- Emphasize new voices and diverse demographics in outreach activities.
Requirements of the Position
- Passion for protecting the extraordinary landscape and natural and cultural resources of the Shenandoah Valley
- Truly enjoy working with people with diverse perspectives and an instinct for finding shared interests and common ground
- Experience that is relevant to increasing the diversity and inclusiveness of conservation work in the Shenandoah Valley
- A vision for building and maintaining strong partnerships across sectors in our region
- Excellent listening, facilitation and communication skills and the ability to frame a compelling case statement for collaboration
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Thrives in a team environment; Ability to lead or to allow others to lead
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and Google Workspace tools
- Flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends and travel to meetings and events
- Donor database management, website management, email marketing, and/or Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Experience with nonprofit social media and knowledge of social media trends
- Knowledge of land and water resource conservation
- Connection to the Shenandoah Valley