OneJustice is a nonprofit organization that brings life-changing legal help to those in need by transforming the legal aid system. Our primary focus is to build the capacity of a statewide network of over 200 nonprofits that make up California’s legal aid system. More information is available at www.OneJustice.org
Position Description: This position will serve as the principal fundraising manager with individual donors and institutional funders. Together with the CEO and Development & Communications Director, this position is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of a fundraising program that raises $2 million+ annually from individual, corporate, foundation and institutional funders and for co-leading the development of communications and branding strategies. Remote work may be permitted. Travel may be required, on occasion, to our offices in San Francisco and/or Los Angeles.
This position is an excellent match for someone who is passionate about social justice, has had steadily increasing responsibilities in fundraising in the nonprofit sector, and seeks to join a dynamic, innovative, and impactful organization.
- Plan and Manage Individual Donor Campaigns
- Act as lead owner and manager of fundraising campaigns, including working closely with the CEO to set and achieve the annual goals for revenue generation. Campaigns deploy a multi-pronged approach, including direct mail, email, in-person, peer-to-peer, and major donor solicitation tactics.
- Work with the Board of Directors and Advisory Boards on their fundraising activities and major donor stewardship on a year-round basis.
- Monitor the budget of the Development & Communications program, including tracking actuals to budget on a monthly basis and working with the accounting team to reconcile records of donations.
- If desired, manage a personal portfolio of 25 to 30 major and/or corporate donors.
2. Manage Institutional Giving Portfolio
- Develop and implement strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of gifts from institutional donors.
- Determine funding alignment with programs, recommend opportunities for upgrades from current funders, identify new funding sources, and champion fresh ideas for expanding base of support.
- Oversee grant writing and preparation of grant proposals, including serving as primary grant writer as needed.
- Create and manage annual grants calendar, oversee data collection and reporting, and maintain files and tracking system for institutional giving program.
3. Plan and Manage External Communications
- Oversee external communications vehicles, including annual and impact reports, newsletter, website, social media channels, and Google Adwords campaign.
- Guide staff in development of engaging funder collateral and solicitation letters.
4. Supervise the Development Coordinator, AmeriCorps VISTA, and interns
- Directly supervise and support the professional development of the Development Coordinator, who has responsibility for recording of donations, donor stewardship interactions, gift acknowledgements and reconciliations, and maintenance and effective utilization of OneJustice’s CRM (Bloomerang).
- Directly supervise an AmeriCorps VISTA, including ensuring effective delegation, communication, and project management throughout the team, and supervise interns upon occasion.
- B.A./B.S. required with fundraising experience (social justice nonprofit experience preferred)
- An equity mindset (awareness of the inequities that exist at multiple levels from the personal to systemic) and demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Collaborative mind-set and works well on a team
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage a high volume of work, meet funder deadlines, and achieve goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Excel, Adobe Creative, Hootsuite, and CRM is a plus
- Travel within California may be required, including occasional trips to work out of the Los Angeles or San Francisco office.