Temporary: contract, full-time position
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH) Established in 1997, CCPH is a nonprofit membership organization that promotes health equity and social justice through partnerships between communities and academic institutions. We view health broadly as physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual well-being and emphasize partnership approaches to health that focus on changing the conditions and environments in which people live, work, study, pray and play. We collaborate with partners whose mission aligns with our vision. CCPH offers a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment, enthusiasm, and creativity to help communities achieve health equity and social justice.
Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics Program (RADx-UP) Overview
The Community-Campus Partnership for Health (CCPH), in partnership with the Duke Clinical Research Institute (DCRI), and the UNC-Chapel Hill Center for Health Equity Research (CHER) received an award to serve as the Coordination and Data Collection Center (CDCC) to support RADx-UP community projects. The CDCC works to address barriers and increase uptake of Covid-19 testing among underserved and vulnerable populations across the U.S. The RADx-UP Program is funded by the National Institutes of Health.
We are seeking an experienced communications professional that enjoys working in an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. The Communications Specialist will develop and implement communications strategies, manage creative projects, and lead content development to promote CCPH’s mission and strategic priorities. We are seeking a highly motivated, creative self-starter that demonstrates excellent project management skills with a critical eye for detail and accuracy. The Communications Specialist must demonstrate creativity in producing multiple forms of content in line with CCPH and project branding standards. Because this is a remote position, the candidate must demonstrate integrity and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, solution-oriented, resourceful, strategic, organized, innovative, and thrives in a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation.
- Develop and implement a communications plan that aligns with organizational and project priorities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create and curate content.
- Create and manage editorial calendar to ensure timely and consistent content.
- Write copy to post on various digital media outlets.
- Develop creative, compelling stories to highlight CCPH’s and its partners’ community engagement and partnership work.
- Write and edit blogs, news releases, newsletter articles, announcements, campaign messages, brochures, flyers, scripts, talking points, and copy to promote webinars.
- Coordinate, write and manage content for the RADx-UP webpage.
- Coordinate production of other marketing materials, including video and graphic design content, collaborating with videographer and staff.
- Proofread all internal and external written materials.
- Participate in workgroups across the organization to support broader CCPH goals and objectives, offering creative and innovative ideas to highlight CCPH milestones, such as the upcoming 25th anniversary.
- Maximize media relations activities to enhance CCPH’s mission and priorities.
Qualifications and Skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and conceptual abilities.
- Ability to frame issues for a broad range of audiences and develop simple, effective marketing and communication materials.
- Excellent organizational skills: managing multiple projects, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment quickly and manage changes or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated knowledge of new social media platforms.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Strong experience with Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Experience with Zoom and other meeting and conference facilitation platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of video production and editing is a plus.
Three to five years of experience working in a communications role, preferably in a nonprofit, academic, government, or agency environment; a health or science environment is a plus. Experience should include, but not be limited to strategic communications, writing, editing, social media, and media relations a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, Journalism, or Writing-related field.
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education. Paid vacation and sick leave. Contribution towards the cost of health insurance benefits. This is a full-time, grant-funded contract opportunity with the potential for becoming a longer-term position.