The Centre for Effective Altruism (CEA) is seeking a Salesforce Developer to help us build a CRM that can automate key processes and help us better understand data from our programs.
aims to improve the world by supporting the growth and development of the effective altruism community. Effective altruism
is a growing social movement dedicated to using evidence and reason to figure out how to benefit others as much as possible.
We are in the process of building a shared CRM within Salesforce for CEA, EA Funds, and GWWC. This will help us to automate tasks, make more informed decisions, and get more data on the impact of our programs (and how to increase that impact). We are particularly interested in tracking the engagement of our users and how they interact with our various projects over time. We expect the CRM will unlock a huge amount of potential and increase efficiency across the organisation.
We need an in-house Salesforce Developer to accelerate the process of building this CRM, and make it easier for us to rapidly improve the system. You’ll help build creative customised solutions to customer needs.
If you’re successful in the role, you’ll save hundreds of hours of staff time, help us to make more informed decisions about things like EAG
admissions, and facilitate much of our impact analysis.
We are a small team with high standards. You can find our team values
- Lead as our in-house Salesforce developer on the implementation of the shared CRM
- Collaborate with our third-party consultants to identify and develop new Salesforce solutions for user problems
- Identify opportunities to take manual processes and make them more efficient and effective
- Help us to test and launch new features
- Optimise integrations with other tools used by CEA (eg: Slack, Airtable, Zapier, etc)
- Administrate the system and provide day-to-day support for users
- Respond to requests for changes
- Train and support our users, increasing user adoption
- Be available to give general technical support and administration to staff
Who is suited to this role?
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced with Salesforce.com administration: This role requires 2+ years experience with administering Salesforce. Admin certification or Salesforce experience in a nonprofit context will be considered a big plus.
- User-focused: You’ll need to quickly understand the changing needs of our users.
- A problem-solver: We’re building complex Salesforce systems, incorporating loads of data sources, views, and automations. You need to be up to the technical challenge.
- Experience with Agile methodologies: We use an Agile approach to project management and you’ll be participating in our Agile project sprints.
- Committed: We’re looking for someone who is excited to learn the ins and outs of our systems and who wants to commit for at least two years.
- Mission-driven: Our ideal candidate is passionate about the goals of CEA and its constituent organizations.