Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic nonprofit with the opportunity to make an extraordinary difference? Join Move United, an expanding, thriving charity dedicated to the life-changing power of sports for youth and adults with disabilities!
Move United, a Member of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee and a national leader in sports and recreation for individuals with disabilities, seeks an experienced Marketing Manager for a full time, salaried position in Rockville, Maryland. This new position will lead our national marketing and branding efforts to strengthen engagement with stakeholders and increase social impact.
Move United seeks a highly motivated Marketing Manager ready to drive marketing and branding to achieve long-term objectives, strengthen organizational identity and increase stakeholder engagement among youth and adults with disabilities, coaches, teachers, volunteers, sponsors, donors, community groups and other stakeholders throughout the U.S. As the organization’s chief brand ambassador, the Marketing Manager will lead the effort to bring the brand to life and ensure all marketing and communications are on-brand and on-message.
Founded in 1956, Move United provides adaptive sports opportunities through 200 community-based chapters serving more than 100,000 youth and adults with disabilities in 43 states. Move United offers a highly collaborative workplace, a commitment to professional development and a compelling vision that everyone, regardless of ability, has access to sports and recreation in their community.
- Lead Move United’s marketing and branding development and strategy, ensuring consistent and engaging look, feel, tone and messaging
- Establishing and monitoring brand guidelines
- Develop and ensure consistent messaging across communication channels
- Shape and manage a long-term marketing plan to expand awareness of Move United’s programs
- Oversee design of various organizational and program marketing materials
- Develop tools and processes for internal and external stakeholders to ensure branding and marketing is clear, consistent and cohesive
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in nonprofit marketing and branding
- Conduct, gather and analyze research to inform marketing and branding decisions
- Develop and implement new marketing outreach strategies
- Implement and report measurements of marketing effectiveness
- Develop a strong understanding of the attitudes and opinions of key stakeholders, including participants, volunteers, chapter staff and the general public
- Work Experience:
- At least five years of experience in full-time direct marketing capacities, developing and executing marketing and branding strategies
- Experience successfully working across functions, internally and externally
- Proven ability managing marketing resources and a marketing budget
- Experience directly designing marketing content
- Agency experience working with multiple clients is a plus.
- Legally authorized to work permanently (i.e. without time limitations, restrictions or need for work sponsorship) in the U.S.
- Collaborative and inclusive, with the ability to network and build partnerships.
- Leads independently and exercises good judgment
- High initiative, self-starter, capable of executing rapidly with limited direction.
- Detail oriented
- Effective at multi-tasking
- Proven success driving awareness
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Driven by the opportunity to build a highly effective marketing function
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree and/or graduate degree with marketing focus
- Proficiency using Microsoft (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint), Adobe Suite
- Proficiency using visual design software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with WordPress CMS and basic HTML
- Familiarity with Constant Contact and CRM’s such as Salesforce
As part of our procedure for processing your employment application, your personal and employment references will be checked. If hired, misrepresentation or omission of any facts on this application may result in you being discharged from your job. For employment purposes, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S., complete a background screening, and sign a conflict of interest agreement and abide by its terms. Move United prohibits discrimination in the recruitment and hiring of employees based on race, age, marital status,