Job Title: Development and Communications Specialist
Job Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Washington, DC (remote employment possible)
Application Deadline: January 21st, 2022
About Us: Freedom Network USA (FNUSA) is the nation’s largest alliance of organizations and individual advocates working with survivors of all forms of human trafficking to ensure that trafficked persons have access to justice, safety, and opportunity. We are a growing team of passionate advocates providing training and technical assistance, engaging in policy advocacy and lobbying, and building a more effective anti-trafficking movement. FNUSA has a work atmosphere where everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued. We are committed to healthy work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow.
Position Summary: The Development and Communications Specialist (DCS) will be FNUSA’s only full-time development and communications position. The DCS will be responsible for grant development, donor stewardship, and implementation of new fundraising strategies. The DCS will also manage the organization’s messaging across multiple platforms to engage key audiences. This position will report to the Director of Partnerships.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with the FNUSA management team to create a strategic development plan for the organization.
- Design and execute fundraising campaigns by identifying strategies and goals, creating and executing fundraising appeals, and analyzing donor data.
- Identify funding opportunities (individual, corporate, foundation, and government) and work with program staff to develop and submit grant proposals.
- Manage the data in the organization’s CRM in order to track donors and revenue.
- Develop and disseminate donor communication materials, including donor appeals and acknowledgment letters.
- Collaborate with the Board’s Development Committee to engage Board Members in development activities.
- Work with the Director of Partnerships to develop the organization’s communications strategy and style guidelines.
- Develop and execute the communications content calendar and plan that covers all website, newsletter, and social media communications including daily social media posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and monthly blog posts and newsletters.
- Ensure brand compliance of all organizational materials.
- Work with the Director of Partnerships to execute strategies developed through our narrative change initiative.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of experience in non-profit fundraising, including 1 year of grant writing
- At least 1 year of experience in managing social media accounts and writing original content
- Excellent writing and grammar skills
- Experience in database or CRM management
- Familiarity with Photoshop, AdobeCreative Suite, or other design software
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and an ability to be flexible and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Interest in the anti-trafficking field
FNUSA has become a fully remote organization. Employees can choose to work from home or to have FNUSA provide a co-working office space near them.
COVID 19 Vaccine Requirement: All employees who wish to, or are required to by the nature of their position, attend in-person work meetings or events, will be required to be vaccinated from COVID 19. Accommodations will be granted only where they do not cause undue hardship to the organization.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to work on a computer for all or part of the workday. The person in this position must be able to communicate via phone, video calls, and email.
- This position requires the ability to work set, core hours, Monday through Friday.
- This position requires travel once or twice per year via airplane, car, or train, depending on COVID safety guidelines.
- This position requires the ability to attend events that may encompass all or part of the workday.