Position: Data Analytics Manager – iHope Genetic Health Program
Employer: Genetic Alliance
Classification: Professional, full-time employment
Reports to: VP, iHope Genetic Health
Benefits: Paid vacation, health and holidays, medical, dental, and vision insurance, long-term disability, life insurance, flex plan, and 403b retirement savings plan
Location: Remote, work from home – must be a US citizen or Green Card Holder
Salary Commensurate with experience
Genetic Alliance is a nonprofit health advocacy organization committed to engaging individuals, families, and communities to transform health. Since 1986, we have built tools and technology that empower individuals to improve their own health and amplify their voices to better health and access for others. We draw upon a multidisciplinary network of organizations and a large suite of signature websites and tools, including websites such as: geneticalliance.org
. We work collaboratively with our partners to push the boundaries of the current systems of biomedical research, care, and support. Our goal is to ensure that individuals, families, and communities (and the organizations who serve them) have access to the information they need to make informed decisions about their health and healthcare. We bring energy and creativity to this task through the diverse experience and expertise of our staff.
Genetic Alliance embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
iHopeTM Genetic Health (iGH) will enable clinical laboratories and care centers throughout the world to test patients impacted by rare disease and other genetic health conditions. Genetic disease affects over 300 million individuals worldwide, the vast majority of whom are children. In high income countries these patients often remain undiagnosed for up to seven years, while in low- and middle-income geographies, many families never know the cause of their child’s suffering. Further enabling access will help reduce the psychological stress and loss of income that many families endure. Join a team of exceptional professionals who have a passion for providing equitable access to genomics for all individuals. You will work in an environment that is fast moving, collaborative, innovative, transparent, authentic and fun. Your projects will benefit from adept relationship management, project management and pride in the quality and consistency with which you do your work. As a Data Analytics Director, you will report to the VP of iGH and will be the point of contact for clinical laboratory data management processes including data collection and data quality.
The Data Analytics Manager is a seasoned analytics professional with experience in the recurring collection of data and the assurance of high-quality data from participating high throughput clinical whole genome sequencing laboratories.
MAJOR DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Instruct contract recipients on the process for collecting aggregate data on patients who receive clinical whole genome sequencing
- Along with the Philanthropic Engagement Manager, develop a complete set of leading and lagging indicators to monitor the performance of award recipients
- Manage and optimize processes for laboratory data intake, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables
- Routinely query data as its being collected from participating laboratories to ensure high quality data is received
- Serve as an escalation point for participating laboratories for all incoming data queries and data issues originating due to data quality
- Develop a dashboard that features aggregate data collected across lab participants
- A passion for helping patients
- 7+ years of related experience; or equivalent work experience
- Broad-based experience in either biotech, medical devices or life sciences highly desirable
- Experience in supporting organizations around business and general management processes.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to Program objectives
- Strong team player and leader and demonstrated ability to deliver results
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven experience managing, leading and developing a team
- Experience producing business-driven dashboards and reports
- Experience in advanced techniques in data collection and analysis
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information
- High-energy strategic thinker; strong analytical and business judgment skills, statistically astute and creative
- Systematic approach to address complicated problems
- Excellent attention to detail, working to a high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Familiarity with whole genome sequencing data outputs
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.