As a key member of the Development and Admin team, you will be critical to bringing our mission to life. You’ll contribute to the success of the Development team as we launch an ambitious three-year fundraising strategy, and gain valuable experience with the ins and outs of a fast-paced nonprofit committed to breaking the cycle of poverty for Malawi’s most vulnerable children. You’ll work closely with the entire team to support fundraising, communications, operations and system projects as you build experience across a wide range of projects including events, database management, social and digital media strategies, grants, and donor stewardship.
This role reports directly to the Development and Communications Manager, with regular collaboration with the Managing Director, and the Director of Finance & Operations.
This role will be responsible for…
- Tracking all gifts, financial and in-kind, and coordinating acknowledgements and receipts
- Create regular fundraising reports and dashboards
- Leading in the creation of fundraising pages to create streamlined giving experiences across campaigns, events, and crowdfunding
- Conducting grant prospect research
- Supporting and helping execute strategies across all campaigns, including the Annual Appeal, crowdfunding, general annual campaigns, and Pledge Circle campaigns
- Supporting team in the planning and execution of special events, including management of silent auction platforms, volunteers, fundraising, and event production
- Providing support for special projects, such as speaking engagements and corporate partnerships
- Provide support with the Board of Directors, including the organization of meetings, compliance, and stewardship
- Supporting in the cultivation of donors and maintenance of donor relationships
- Creating and maintaining donor communications materials, including stewardship and pitch decks, donation acknowledgements, and personal outreach materials
- Supporting the development of giving circles, including stewardship, engagement, fundraising, and growth
- Supporting the writing of letters of intent, proposals, and grant applications
- Supporting institutional fundraising through the research and development thematic concept notes covering the different areas of focus of our Childhoods & Livelihoods Program
Communications, Marketing, and PR (25%)
- Managing Social Media on all platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Researching and implementing strategies to increase our reach and expand our support base across all digital opportunities (Mailchimp emails, website, social, etc.), including paid social media advertising
- Tracking key metrics to monitor the success of our social media and digital strategy and press outreach, as well as monitoring media about the organization and the broader international development landscape
- Supporting the organization in crafting messaging strategies, including in collaboration with the PR agency, as appropriate.
- Supporting in stewarding PR-focused partnerships and opportunities, such as awards, brand alignment, etc.
Operations Responsibilities (15%)
- Managing financial data entry, tracking receipts, in collaboration with the Director of Finance
- Managing registrations, compliance, and other clerical tasks
- Providing general remote administrative/IT support to NY & Malawi offices, as well as occasional in-person administrative tasks
- Maintaining organized systems and organizational processes (Google Drive, Salesforce (both Development and Programs Dashboards), Classy)
- Support HR in planning ongoing team-building and professional development activities, such as staff retreats, conferences, and Lunch and Learns.
- Providing general support to the team
This role is for you if you…
- Are passionate about our mission
- Are organized, comfortable prioritizing, and have a strong attention to detail
- Love learning and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy taking initiative and see an opportunity in every challenge
- Work well with a diverse community of coworkers and supporters
- Look forward to learning about a wide range of roles within a growing nonprofit
You will thrive in this role if you…
- Have experience with databases and/or CRM software
- Are skilled at writing quality, concise messaging
- Are familiar with software including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Are a self-starter who is comfortable managing time and priorities
- Are curious and willing to learn
This team is for you if you are looking for…
A passionate, dedicated, and friendly team of professionals with diverse backgrounds. Our energetic and people-driven office culture balances passion for our mission with flexibility, kindness, and understanding. Our focus, positivity, and commitment inspires every component of our work, and we never shy away from an opportunity to grow our impact.
With team members across multiple cities and countries, we believe diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences can only make us stronger. We are committed to building an environment where every voice is heard and valued, and are committed to adopting an anticolonial approach that values equity, belonging, inclusion, and diversity across all components of our work.
While this position is remote on a daily basis, it includes regular in-person responsibilities for special events and administrative tasks in the New York City area.. Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.