United States of Care seeks a qualified, enthusiastic, and flexible Communications Coordinator to join our team. The Coordinator will play a critical role in executing communication strategies to ensure everyone has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income.
The Coordinator will advance this goal by providing strong writing support, including: press releases, social media posts, newsletters, and other materials. The coordinator will provide project management and administrative support to the communications department and collaborate across the organization to generate and edit compelling content for all USofCare channels. The position reports to our Director of Communications. The USofCare communications department is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color and other backgrounds historically underrepresented in policy advocacy.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Write, edit, and proofread materials, including press releases, media advisories, fact sheets, newsletters, blogs, op-eds, social media content, and internal updates;
- Create compelling content for United States of Care’s websites and social media channels;
- Hone USofCare’s social media strategy for audience appropriateness and effectiveness;
- Collaborate with policy, research, and development teams to create compelling materials that unite people behind commonsense health care solutions;
- Commitment to prioritizing diversity, equity, and inclusion principles, including utilizing organization’s equity lens to inform all work;
- Stay current on health care policy developments and monitor trends in communications and social media;
- As needed, support communications team with various administrative tasks, including scheduling, note-taking, project management, and other tasks;
- Collaborate with earned media firm and other vendors/partners to ensure timeliness and quality of projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, ideally in media, communications, public policy, political, and/or advocacy campaigns.
- Experience in creating content and managing social media, ideally to advance policy goals;
- A proficient knowledge of any of the following: Adobe Creative Suite software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), MailChimp, WordPress, Canva, Google Analytics, and Meltwater.
- A strong commitment to health equity and ensuring everyone has access to quality, affordable health care, and open to operating in an atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing communications team including project management and internal communication efforts;
- Excitement about employing strategic communications, including translating detailed policy ideas to resonate with the public and policymakers;
- Meticulous attention to detail and superb writing and proofreading skills;
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and execute with minimal guidance;
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and G Suite;
- Understanding of digital, traditional, and paid media is a plus.
Compensation and Location
United States of Care offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; 403b with match and paid time off. This position is full-time and can be located anywhere in the United States. The salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000 depending on experience and location.
The position is open until filled, and the hiring committee will begin screening applications on a rolling basis as they are received.