Position: Communications Specialist (exempt, full time position)
Supervisor: Director of Communications
Location: Boulder, Colorado (remote working model, with occasional in-person meetings). Full remote work is possible.
About Global Greengrants Fund:
Global Greengrants Fund is a public foundation that mobilizes resources to communities worldwide to protect our shared planet and work toward an equitable world. We believe solutions to environmental harm and social injustice come from the people whose lives are most impacted. Every day, our global community of people on the front lines and donors comes together to support people to protect their ways of life and our planet. Because when local people have a say in the health of their food, water, and resources, they are forces for change. Since our founding nearly 28 years ago, we have made more than 14,000 grants in 168 countries, mobilizing more than $100 million to support the work of local groups.
The Communications Specialist supports Global Greengrants Fund’s Communications team, aiming to increase the visibility of the organization among target audiences and develop engaging content. Day-to-day, the Communications Specialist produces written and visual content, manages social media and email marketing strategies, and keeps the website and other online content up to date. This is a full-time position.
The Communications Specialist brings a commitment to environmental and social justice and to ensuring that Global Greengrant Fund’s communications are consistent with our organization’s mission and values
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Content creation and curation for communications channels
- Project management, including campaigns, publication distribution, and creation and sharing of promotional materials
- Creates editorial calendars for distribution of content
- Develop and implement a social media strategy to engage target audiences and share key messages
- Oversee and maintain email marketing best practices, develop newsletter and email content, and manage and maintain email lists
- Manage www.Greengrants.org, keeping content fresh and functional; oversee ongoing maintenance
- Monitor key performance indicators for the website, social media, and email programs, and supply monthly reports to Director of Communications
- Communications capacity building support for staff, including editing, presentation creation, minimal graphic design support
- Manage and maintain photo and video libraries
- Manage external vendors, when necessary
- Execute email and/or print fundraising campaigns
- Provide support for Director of Communications and Development team, as needed
- Demonstrated alignment with Global Greengrants Fund’s values and mission, including a strong commitment to racial, gender, class, social and environmental justice and equity. Experience with Global Greengrants Fund’s action areas and grassroots movements in the Global South a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field
- 2-4 years professional experience in related field
- Proficiency in Wordpress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Hootsuite
- Fantastic written communication skills; ability to adapt style and tone
- Demonstrated professional experience managing social media campaigns (strategy, implementation, analytics) using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- General understanding of and interest in socio-environmental issues
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member cross-organizationally
- Ability to produce results on tight timelines and to handle urgent requests
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Basic graphic design
- Foreign language skills, a plu