The Manager, Operations supports the team responsible for delivering programs across a broad portfolio of sites and programs, including Baltimore, Philadelphia, Richmond County, Georgia, and Washington, DC. The Manager, Operations is responsible for leading work in four key areas: Program Operations, Team Operations, Data Management, and Administrative Support. In partnership with the Executive Director and program directors, the Manager, Operations works to ensure the successful execution of all New Leaders’ programs.
Ensure all programmatic, operational activities are executed flawlessly resulting in high-quality participant experiences across New Leaders’ programmatic continuum.
- Lead and manage planning and logistics for all programmatic events operating across the portfolio, including but not limited to Summer Learning, programmatic kick-off meetings, and other large-scale convenings. Travel on-site for program launches or programmatic activities as determined in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Manage annual programmatic calendar of programming, including but not limited to securing appropriate meeting space (in some cases, liaising with our district and charter partners) to best accommodate session objectives, ordering supplies as needed, and managing catering.
- Serve as the content expert and project manager for credentialing/certification process for all programs, as needed.
- Serve as a liaison with the National Program Implementation Team for matriculation and manage all work streams at the local level.
- Oversee the program start-up or enrollment process for all program participants, ensuring they are equipped to begin the program year and have all relevant information.
- Manage all reporting required to partner districts and Charter Management Organizations, effectively engaging local and national team members to meet contract requirements.
- Serve as a local liaison, representing the perspectives of the sites with all organization- wide shared service and program teams, including but not limited to Legal, Finance, Information Technology, Business Solutions, and Research and Evaluation.
Manage the efficiency of the team, overseeing all operational activities.
- Serve as the project manager for annual planning, including leading the annual planning budgeting process.
- Manage the non-staff budget and expenses for the portfolio throughout the year.
- Manage the team to ensure successful completion of all performance management activities.
- Lead contract and procurement processes, ensuring adherence to organizational policies and liaising with external vendors and partners.
- In partnership with the Executive Director, manage the onboarding process for new team members.
Create and implement practices and procedures that properly manage the full data life-cycle needs of all programs.
- Perform data analysis to inform monitoring progress to goals across all sites, including monitoring data completion, observing trends, and managing follow-up for check-ins, monthly deep-dives and monitoring progress to goals conversations.
- Build a process for your team to ensure accurate and timely programmatic data reporting across all programs and cities.
- Serve as the team’s resident expert on various organizational platforms (The Link, Canvas, Salesforce) to ensure seamless program implementation.
Manage and distribute information within the team, equipping the Executive Director with the resources needed for all activities.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks including but not limited to managing an extremely active calendar of appointments for the Executive Director; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is
- sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prioritize and ensure timely follow up on incoming requests of the Executive Director.
- Manage the cadence of team meetings and check-ins, including team retreats.
Perform other duties as assigned