How You Can Be A Competitive Applicant
- Be familiar with our work. Read up on our blog, look through our articles, and see what we’re up to through social media.
- Love what we do. What we do requires a lot of effort. Passion will make that effort easier to sustain.
- Be able to provide evidence that you’re an overachiever. This position is high stakes and we need to know that you’ll be able to come through on key outcomes. This demands intelligence, interpersonal skills, organization, and the desire to overdeliver. You can show this by evidencing prior work and through high performance in the work product section of the application process.
- Be open, honest, and follow directions.
What You Can Expect In the Application Process
- We attempt to blind ourselves to your name as long as possible so to avoid bias. Please use only your three-letter initials in attachments.
- We will actually tell you whether you advance in the process. If you don’t, we’ll notify you either way as a courtesy. As you can imagine, we do not have the capacity to provide each applicant with a rationale for our decision.
- Our process has multiple phases:
(1) resume & cover letter (anonymous),
(2) evidence-based questions and work product (anonymous),
(3) interview (not anonymous), and
(4) accuracy confirmation (not anonymous).
- Performing a work sample is the best way we have to evaluate your ability to perform within this role. This work will be of a general nature within the scope of the job role. It’s designed to test your ability and subject-area competence rather than as functional work for the organization. It’s not our intent to get free work from you. If you do not feel comfortable with performing the labor of a related work sample, then please do not apply.
- Please do not mislead us anywhere on your application. If you do, then we will remove your application from current and future consideration.
We care about our employees. You can tell from our benefits that this translates across the board. The work we do is hard. It requires both high motivation and talent. Our premise with our benefits is that if you are a happy employee, then you will be better able to focus on your work and inclined to stay. It’s also the decent thing to do. We believe that CES is a place that you can be truly proud and happy to work for. Working with us also offers an especially high impact on the world around you.
We welcome and value diversity in our workforce and strive to create an inclusive culture and equitable workplace. Those from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Also, applicants are not expected to provide any past or current compensation information during any phase of the interview process.
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and tailored CV/resume (in that order) in a single PDF file
to [email protected]
Your cover letter must at minimum address:
- (1) why you want to work for us,
- (2) what you have done that evidences you’re qualified, and
- (3) how your qualifications will make you successful in this position.
Please limit your cover letter to no more than two pages and your CV/resume to be as compact as possible.
For your single attachment, do not include any personally identifying information other than your three-letter initials (two if no middle name). Your PDF attachment should be named: “DCA_P1_XYZ” where “XYZ” are your initials. E-mail subject: “DCA Application P1”. If you make a mistake here, your application may not be reviewed.
Make sure that your e-mail does not include your name
. You’ll be asked to resubmit if your e-mail or attachment includes your name. You can create a throwaway e-mail
using gmail or whatever service is convenient. Any e-mail address that doesn’t have your name or picture associated with it is fine.
Position open until filled.