START provides opportunities for training, research, education and networking that strengthen scientific skills and inspire leadership for advancing solutions to critical sustainability challenges. For the past 25 years, our programs have provided scientists in Africa and Asia with skills, resources and networking opportunities. Because of START’s efforts, thousands of program alumni are now creating innovative solutions for a more sustainable world.
The Finance consultant will serve as the lead on day to day financial issues including payroll, the annual audit, and general process development. This is a remote position with preference for applicants who can be available for in‐person meetings in Boulder/Fort Collins, CO. This position will work closely with our Administrative Assistant and Director of Programs who also manages certain benefits and human resources components.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Review monthly close with outsourced accounting team
- Manage annual audit
- Update grant program budgets monthly
- Ensure timely payment of bills with Administrative Assistant
- Process payroll twice monthly
- Prepare regular financial reports for board and staff as needed including cash flow forecasts, unrestricted net assets reports and grant budget projections
- Prepare budgets for proposals as needed with Director of Programs
- Prepare budgets and financial reports for funders
- Participate in regular (biweekly 1 hour) meetings with senior team
- Manage subaward process including review of audited financials, SAM researching and working with program staff to monitor and approve budgets and financial reports.
- Be available for questions and other tasks as needed
It is anticipated that ongoing monthly activities would average 25 hours per month during non‐audit periods.