ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
SustainUS is a youth-led organization advancing justice and sustainability by empowering young people to engage in advocacy at the domestic and international levels. We mobilize as US youth at key political moments to push political leaders, multinational institutions, and other global actors to stand on the side of justice. Learn more about our mission and vision here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Over the past year, SustainUS has made an investment in increasing our fundraising capacity in order to fund ambitious campaigns for years to come. The Development Coordinator plays a key role in the organization’s fundraising plan for 2020-2021 and advancing the organization’s overall mission. The Development Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing SustainUS’s individual giving campaigns, managing and growing our donor database, maintaining relationships with donors, supporting the Executive Director in cultivating major donors, and helping to coordinate the activities of the entire Development Team. The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director, grant writer, and Board of Directors to provide updates and help the organization reach its fundraising goals. This role requires a high attention to detail and the ability to work both independently and with others. This position is remote and has flexible work hours. Travel is minimal and is typically limited to leadership and membership retreats once or twice a year.
This is a 10 hour per week paid position (with some room to negotiate a lower number of hours and/or weeks), although hours may fluctuate slightly week by week depending on upcoming fundraising campaigns. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute fundraising campaigns to secure individual donations (one-time and recurring)
- Develop campaign timelines, digital fundraising materials, and coordinate solicitations by other members of the organization
- Communicate campaigns to donors via email and phone
- Provide acknowledgement and cultivation to individual donors
- Support the Executive Director in cultivating and stewarding major donors
- Create plans and documents of all activities to support institutional knowledge and training for future fundraising staff
- Organize and participate in all Development Team calls and provide regular updates on the status of all activities
- No more than 10 hours per week of work, on average, on above priorities
- Expected to be available to respond promptly to urgent texts/calls Monday-Friday
- Paid events, travel and expenses must first be pre-approved by the Coordinating Body in order to receive reimbursement