Our Mission: Project Invent empowers students with 21st-century skills to succeed individually and impact globally, through invention.
Our Vision: A generation of fearless problem solvers.
Project Invent is a national nonprofit empowering high school students across the country to invent technologies for social impact. We train teachers in design thinking, engineering, and entrepreneurship to lead students through identifying real problems in their communities and inventing impactful solutions. At the end of the year, students pitch their inventions to investors and tech leaders at our annual Launch Weekend events.
Since 2018, we’ve grown from one school to 30 schools across the country. In 2020 we are doubling our impact to 60 schools nationwide. You will lead team support efforts for our schools and will work to ensure our fellowship is a positive and formative experience for all of our teachers. The ideal candidate loves supporting educators and is excited about building a community, online and offline. You will do everything from visit our schools, manage the digital team platform, speak at conferences, coordinate industry mentors, pilot new programs, and more.
We are a distributed team and prefer a Program Manager based in one of our hub cities: Dallas/Houston, San Francisco/San Jose, Chicago, or New York City. However, we are flexible to other locations for the right candidate.
This position is a full-time, salaried position for a candidate excited about supporting a national network of teachers who are igniting social innovation in their classrooms!
What we’re looking for…
- Committed to empowering students to be creative, resilient, empathetic problem solvers.
- Experience as an educator is a plus.
- Experience as an engineer or designer is a plus.
- Experience with CRM software (i.e. Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.) is a plus.
- Passionate about innovative education.
- Enjoys coming up with new ideas and making them happen.
- A go-getter, ideas person, and executor.
- Strong networking skills: not afraid to cold email, network at conferences, and start conversations with potential partners.
- Detail-oriented: can handle high volume of emails, complex scheduling, and managing progress of 50+ teams.
- Enthusiastic facilitator in-person and online.
- Willing to evangelize about our program to potential partners and funders.
- Willing to travel (primarily within the US) about once per month.
Roles & Responsibilities…
- Manage the digital team platform and communications with teams.
- Support Project Invent fellows through team tracking, support calls, and resource sharing.
- Build a digital community of fellows through monthly support calls, Slack, and other digital channels.
- Execute recruitment strategies for our year-long educator fellowship including recruitment events, conferences, and marketing.
- Assist in planning and executing Launch Weekends, our annual capstone for all teams.
- Coordinate and facilitate regional workshops and events across the country.
- Support pairing students with industry mentors and corporate partners.
- Oversee our Ambassador program, teachers nationwide who help us spread the word.
- Manage the growth of our Accelerate program, student alumni who are taking their ideas from prototype to product with professional industry support.
- Work directly with the Executive Director and Director of Programs to pilot new initiatives.
Project Invent was started in 2018 by Connie Liu, an MIT mechanical engineer turned high school teacher turned entrepreneur. You can learn more about that story here
Want to get a better feel of what we do and why we do it? Check out these links:
- Program Experience (video)
- Team Experience (video)
- Fellow Experience (video)
- Demo Day Experience (video)
- 2019 End-of-Year Report (pdf)