Are you a skilled marketer brimming with creative ideas? Have you been seeking part-time work that also fulfills your desire to make social impact in the world? We need you!
The Center for Social Leadership (CSL), a 501©(3) nonprofit organization, is seeking a part-time Marketing Director to play an integral role in the marketing and sales of Dr. Anthony Silard’s new book Screened In: The Art of Living Free in the Digital Age. 100% of the author’s proceeds will be donated to support CSL’s education programs worldwide.
The primary focus of this position will be to develop and implement innovative marketing strategies in order to develop a customer base, increase sales of Screened In, and increase funding of CSL’s education programs. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Marketing Director will work with CSL’s team and carry out essential responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Creating innovative ideas to increase customer base
- Utilizing activities to increase book sales
- Analyzing data and market trends to develop strategies
- Designing digital marketing campaigns
- Implementing and overseeing strategies, including the delegation of marketing tasks to staff, interns, and volunteers
- Connecting with businesses, nonprofits, and industry professionals to generate bulk book purchases
Marketing information management
- Building and maintaining customer networks
- Maintaining customer contact databases
Public relations support
o Assisting with social media strategy development
o Creating digital marketing campaigns
o Increasing exposure on other blogs and securing guest blog and podcast spots
o Building relationships with local and national media sources (e.g., T.V., print, radio, internet, podcasts)
o Assisting with online newsletter and blogs, including www.anthonysilard.com
by formatting, creating and distributing content
Qualifications: The qualifications listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of successful employees in this position.
- Knowledge of:
- Computer programs, including the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Skill and / or Ability to:
- Demonstrate ability to use social media and technology capabilities.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information in a timely manner; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Take initiative and be resourceful.
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives and efforts.
- Work independently and remotely with minimal oversight.
- Consistently build knowledge and expertise about current position.
- Speak and write proficiently in English.
Ideal Candidate: We are looking for someone who is excited to be part of a small organization during a crucial growth period and is willing to take on additional responsibilities as new projects arise.
- Organizational Overview: The Center for Social Leadership (CSL) is a nonprofit organization based in Claremont, CA. CSL’s mission is two-fold and focuses on providing much-needed leadership skills and training to two marginalized segments of our population: First, to build a stronger and more engaged civic society by facilitating participatory leadership development programs that enable committed nonprofit executives to more effectively lead their organizations. Second, to teach low-income youth the necessary leadership skills to design their own exit strategies from poverty by successfully pursuing higher education and a meaningful career. More information on both programs and on CSL is available at www.socialleaders.org