We’re looking for a creative, data-savvy, digital-friendly leader to be Youth Collaboratory’s Communication and Marketing Manager. This person will run our growing communication efforts, curating content in partnership with our program team and ensuring a consistent brand identity. We’re looking for someone who has a passion for data, an eye for design, a love of digital communication, and the savviness to coordinate projects with in-house staff and outside partners. This is a great opportunity for someone who is familiar with using more than words to create highly shareable multimedia content, has a track record of successfully engaging people, uses data to make marketing decisions, and has an interest in helping Youth Collaboratory build its audience and coverage of issues important to our community.
About Youth Collaboratory:
Youth Collaboratory harnesses the power of the youth services community to innovate, evaluate, and drive effective strategies that assure the safety and well-being of youth and young adults, unlocking their limitless potential.
We believe in…
- rooting our work in practice and research.
- advancing equity and inclusion.
- focusing on long-term impact while nimbly responding to changing conditions.
- tapping into the power of “many minds” to solve complex problems.
- honoring and respecting people and relationships.
- having a blast doing what we do and with whom we do it.
Our greatest strength lies in our ability to engage and retain a dynamic network of hundreds of organizations across all 50 states. Together, we are able to advance the work of communities in real-time, raise the level of conversation around key issues, increase cross-sector communication, drive national research, and increase support. In the last few years, our network has experienced significant growth – attracting innovators in practice, funding, and research, and our core membership has grown 450%. But to make the kind of difference we want to make, we need to continue to build our capacity to educate and engage at a rapid and meaningful rate.
That’s where you come in.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Director of Strategic Initiatives to develop, implement, and evaluate Youth Collaboratory’s communication and marketing plan. This plan will be informed by our business development goals, market and audience analysis, our competitive advantage, and grant and contract deliverables.
- Manage all of Youth Collaboratory’s distribution channels based on the communication and marketing plan and calendar. This includes, but is not limited to, external channels including news and blog posts, podcasts, website, email, social media, public presentations, and webinars. This also includes communicating key metrics internally to Youth Collaboratory staff and strategizing new ideas for growth.
- Draft content for social media, emails, news (blog) posts, and other marketing materials.
- Produce branded materials such as rack cards, handouts, slide decks, and reports.
- Field requests for information or support promptly and with a high degree of accuracy. This includes in-house staff, partners, and the public.
- Manage partners and vendors related to distribution channels. This includes website developers, printers, and project-specific vendors or freelancers.
A strong candidate:
- Is aligned with Youth Collaboratory’s mission, and is able to communicate our work in a way that aligns with our brand identity and speaks to our key audiences across a range of distribution channels.
- Uses data and editorial instinct to improve and grow our distribution channels. This includes collaboratively working with colleagues to create and improve content.
- Has at least 3 years of experience working in a communications department or media company, or equivalent self-taught experience. They have the knowledge of what it takes to “run communications” for an organization and the talent for managing and implementing these tasks across multiple channels. Experience in business-to-business marketing is a plus.
- Is a clear and candid communicator. They have the ability to recognize and respond to potential problems, as well as are effective and confident collaborators with colleagues at all levels.
- Is confident and skilled at using digital systems. Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, Drupal, MailChimp, Salesforce, social media platforms, and photo, video, and audio editing software is a plus.
- Is cool working in a virtual office and can communicate effectively via any medium - Adobe Connect, Google Hangout, email, chat, etc.
- Is competent with and committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Take vacation when you need it. We hire competent people who do great work and encourage them to take a break when they need it. We ask employees to take three weeks of vacation per year, and provide an annual $1,000 vacation bonus that can only be used if they are really off, so they can come back fresh.
- Have a balanced life. We offer a generous supply of additional leave (14 holidays and 12 personal days) combined with health and retirement benefits.
- Awesome team. This position does not directly supervise another position, however this position collaborates with a brilliant team that’s having a real impact. If work like this makes you want to get out of bed each morning, you should definitely apply.
We’re looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Anywhere, USA (Youth Collaboratory invests in talent no matter where it is located!)
Minimal travel expected.
The salary range for this position is $45,500 to $60,000 per year. We offer full-time employees 15 days of paid time off (in addition to paid holidays and 12 personal days), a range of subsidized health insurance plans and voluntary benefits, and a 2% contribution to a SIMPLE IRA. We also provide a $1,000 vacation bonus once each year.
Youth Collaboratory is a values-driven organization that celebrates equity, diversity, and inclusiveness on our team and among our partners. We strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, and people who are LGBTQ, and/or gender non-conforming to apply.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, along with brief responses to the following questions to [email protected]
by March 9th. We are reviewing applications on a rolling basis. If you are submitting through a third-party job board that does not ask for these questions, please apply through our website under About > Careers. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No direct phone calls please.
Please provide a short answer to each of the following questions (no more than 1-2 paragraphs per question):
- Share an original digital or print material (via link or attachment) that you designed, of which you are really proud, and explain why you are proud of it.
- What experience do you have (jobs, activities, volunteering, etc.) that you think you would be able to draw from in this job?
- What’s most exciting to you about this position and working at Youth Collaboratory?