Position: Technical Assistance Program Coordinator
Location: Remote/Virtual (U.S.)
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Reports To: Interim Director of Technical Assistance
Salary Range: $57,000 - $68,000 per year
Resources for Abortion Delivery (RAD)
Established in 2016, Resources for Abortion Delivery (RAD) seeks to protect and improve access to quality abortion care in the United States—particularly for poor and low-income people—by providing financial and technical support, strategic thinking, legal compliance assistance, and information to the abortion provider community. RAD’s growing staff currently includes 13 full-time staff members working remotely across the U.S.
The Technical Assistance Program Coordinator is a new position at RAD that was created to support the execution of RAD’s new strategic plan that calls for the significant growth of RAD’s Technical Assistance (TA) program. The TA program seeks to promote the continued existence and resiliency of the independent abortion sector by offering technical assistance that protects, improves, and expands patient access to quality services at independent abortion facilities.
The TA Program Coordinator will bring strong project coordination and communication skills in support of the day-to-day operations of RAD’s TA program, its Interim Director, and other TA staff. The position will be responsible for a variety of activities, including preparing and editing a wide range of documents, communicating with abortion providers, application and report review, compliance with internal RAD protocols, and coordination with in-house resources.
RAD staff work as a nimble and fast-paced team. This position will have regular ongoing responsibilities but is also expected to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing priorities as RAD is a growing organization. The TA Program Coordinator will work remotely.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
The TA Program Coordinator will be responsible for executing the following under the guidance of RAD’s Interim Director of TA. The role will:
- Support all aspects of TA program materials and communications including: drafting and editing mass communications, reports, contracts, announcements, policies, surveys and spreadsheets.
- Participate in calls with facilities, review and evaluate applications and reports for completeness and accuracy, following up as needed.
- Assist providers with accessing RAD’s online tools, materials and resources.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations on RAD’s technical assistance offerings to independent abortion providers.
- Prepare reports that track and highlight aspects of the program, including applicant profiles. Participate in RAD’s regular analysis and review of aggregated information about the independent abortion sector.
- Maintain project management systems to ensure program tasks are well coordinated and completed on time. Assist with regularly updating all collaborative tools, including the RAD project management system, shared Google Drive, and Salesforce contact relationship management system.
- Support effective project management by flagging, and ensuring attention is paid to potential issues well in advance.
- Assist with developing resources and materials that benefit the field broadly; collect and synthesize internal data and conduct online research as needed.
- Maintain a referral list of external consultants to work with abortion providers in key areas.
- Assist with comprehensive reports to track requests for TA program planning, such as applicant profiles and trends in the independent abortion sector.
- Support RAD’s work in other areas as needed and assigned.
- Other TA services as needed (to be identified and developed in collaboration with the Interim Director).
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Minimum three years of experience in program/project coordination
- Strong writing, proofreading and copy editing skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and using software/applications for research or work settings (e.g., project management tools, data collection applications)
- Strong project coordination skills: demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous and complex tasks
- Experience writing reports and documentation
- Excellent oral communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proficiency with Google applications including Gmail, Google Drive, Google docs, and Google sheets. Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Survey Monkey
Valued Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following are preferred but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum one year experience in one of the following: healthcare administration, clinical operations, business management, and/or non-profit sector
- Experience in the reproductive health field that is applicable to the essential responsibilities and tasks listed above
- Experience using Salesforce
A strong candidate for this position will have the following attributes:
- Independent self-starter who is able to stay focused and driven while working remotely
- Comfort with telecommuting, working virtually, or working with an off-site manager; ability to succeed in an off-site work situation. RAD currently provides co-working space in Chicago, Philadelphia and in other locations as required to support a productive work environment for all employees. The Technical Assistance Program Coordinator should also be able to travel to in-person meetings in the U.S. approximately 2-4 times a year, including one staff retreat.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Strong oral and written communicator
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritize assigned tasks and work efficiently towards completing them
- Team player willing to perform a wide variety of tasks
- Handles sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Commitment to reproductive justice and protecting abortion access
- RAD is committed to cultural diversity and strongly encourages applications from diverse candidates.
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $57,000 to $68,000 per year. Benefits include full medical, dental, prescription drug, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability and life insurance, participation in our retirement plan, and competitive vacation, personal, and volunteer leave.
Hopewell Fund Careers
Resources for Abortion Delivery is a project of Hopewell Fund, a 501©(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Hopewell Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.