Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Curriculum Developer - Geometry.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs almost 600 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
What does it mean to work for us?
Eureka Math team members are dedicated educators from all over the country. Working remotely, we engage with colleagues primarily through virtual platforms and email communication. Curriculum Developers craft new curricular materials, revise existing materials, and develop supplemental resources to support implementation. Our work is generally project-based and is a mix of collaborative and independent assignments. In terms of performance, what we value most is high-quality work, commitment, initiative, and effective collaboration and communication.
The Curriculum Developer has deep mathematics content knowledge in at least Geometry and is committed to continuous development. Candidates should be comfortable with both giving and receiving feedback, as we regularly use this approach to improve our professional practice.
Below are the minimum and desired qualifications for candidates followed by key responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience teaching or coaching Geometry using Eureka Math
- Thorough knowledge of the national math standards for geometry, including the Progression documents
- Superb communication and writing skills. This includes an ability to turnkey outlined ideas into impactful, easy to understand content.
- Proficient in MS Office and ability to quickly learn new technologies as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or closely related field
- Experience developing mathematics related curricular materials in the publishing industry
- Experience working in a deadline-driven, virtual environment
- Experience teaching or coaching Geometry using Eureka Math for at least two years
- Craft curricular items that are standards-based and align with
- established guidelines
- Write or revise curricula items using clear and concise language
- Provide constructive feedback to colleagues based on reviews
This is a remote position requiring little to no travel.
Please include a resume and cover letter.