Position Description: Research and Grants Associate (PT)
Location: U.S. (remote)
ABOUT SEPSIS ALLIANCE
Sepsis Alliance is the nation’s first and leading sepsis advocacy organization. Founded in 2007 by Dr. Carl Flatley after the tragic and unnecessary loss of his 23-year-old daughter, Erin, to sepsis, Sepsis Alliance has grown to be a leader in public awareness, education and advocacy across North America. We are looking for an exceptional person to join us as our Research and Grants Associate to help take our work to the next level. Working together with a dedicated and passionate team of professionals and volunteers, you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of millions of people.
Our Vision: A world in which no one is harmed by sepsis
Our Mission: Save lives and reduce suffering by improving sepsis awareness and care
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting directly to the Research, Grants, and Program Manager, the Research and Grants Associate (RGA) will help Sepsis Alliance stay current with the latest scientific and medical research on sepsis and assist with the preparation of grant applications. The RGA will track new sepsis research on a weekly basis, update the organization’s research database with relevant new publications as they become available, and prepare journal-style reference lists and research summaries for projects. The RGA will also assist in the development and writing of grant proposals and monitor grant applications.
- Experience in health and science research, including reading scientific literature
- An interest in public health and a desire to improve health outcomes for millions of people
- Excellent writing skills including ability to explain complex concepts to others, summarize research findings, and create compelling grant narratives
- Ability to identify relevant research and analyze research studies
- Experience with preparation of journal-style reference lists
- Experience with grant research and preparation
- Database experience, work with Endnote and Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate at a high level of proficiency and integrity
Approximately 60-80 hours per month. Compensation commensurate with experience. Opportunity for growth and advancement (possible expansion to full-time if desired).
Sepsis Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Compensation: competitive based on experience
This is a part-time contract position and does not include any employee benefits. Please email cover letter, writing sample, and resume to [email protected]
No faxes or phone calls, please.