Sacred Spaces seeks a Director of Finance and Administration who will play a key role in developing, supporting, and continuing to improve our financial and administrative systems and structures. This position will be supervised by the Executive Vice President and will closely partner with senior leadership and the Board.
Finance, Budget, and Accounting
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets in collaboration with the Finance Committee of the Board, Executive Vice President, and staff.
- Develop financial business plans and short-, medium-, and long-term financial forecasts.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure the availability of funds as needed.
- In partnership with the Vice President for Programs, develop and set program and service fees and manage consulting contract financial terms.
- Produce financial reports related to budgets, expenses, etc.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns; ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Liaise with the Finance Committee of the Board to set meetings, develop agendas, and implement decisions.
- Develop and oversee high-quality internal systems and policies information for technology, data and record management, and administration and daily operations.
- Expand our human resources functions including a third-party PEO contract.
- Manage relationships with third-party contractors including support services for bookkeeping and accounting, legal, contracts, insurance, information technology.
- Ensure proper systems and supports for administration functions across the organization including Board and fundraising.
- Overall, support the day-to-day functioning and development of a fast-growing start-up.
Qualifications and Skills of Ideal Candidate:
- At least five years of experience managing finance (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) for a nonprofit with multiple funding sources including foundation grants, fee-for-service, and private funders
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including sophisticated fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
- Experience working with information technology to manage finance, accounting, and other administration software packages
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and very precise with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills
- Ability to work remotely and collaboratively with partners
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, where self-reliance, innovation, problem-solving and creative thinking are critical to success