The Science and Technology Editor & Assistant must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in administrative support, communications, and/or science writing/editing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a high degree of organization, efficiency, and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Powerpoint, MS Excel, G Suite (Google Apps), and CRM systems (Salesforce).
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; demonstrated interest in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.