We are looking for someone with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Familiarity with and experience in U.S. social justice movements with an intersectional feminist analysis around nonprofits, money, and power;
- Demonstrated experience with organizational budgeting and financial management;
- Comfort with databases, spreadsheets, online survey tools, list management, and organizing large amounts of information and data;
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and lead the development of effective and dynamic small teams;
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and committed to accuracy, with an affinity for systems and systemic approaches;
- Creative problem solver who anticipates challenges, uses good judgement, and is able to hold the big picture;
- Effective communicator who can interpret, explain, and troubleshoot financial concepts and reports and complex systems;
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills across race, gender, class, and multiple identities and experience working in diverse teams;
- Ready and willing to bring their whole self into this work with a high level of self-awareness;
- A willingness to practice and engage with different styles of leadership, followership, and creative collaboration (e.g. co-leadership, managing up);
- Committed to creating and participating in a values-driven workspace with candor, vulnerability, humility, and a sense of humor.
The strongest candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to racial and gender justice; experience with disability justice, language justice, and healing justice are helpful, though not required. Preference for bilingual or multilingual speakers. We strive to create space for folks who identify with our current cohort of Movement Makers
. MEV seeks to center the leadership of women of color and Indigenous women, including cis and trans women and those who are gender non-conforming, and others who are most impacted by gender-based violence in this country.
The Raben Group
finds it quite natural to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, living the values of diversity, equity, inclusiveness, and justice in everything we do. We highly value each of our staff member’s unique life experiences and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.