The Communications and Administration Associate is responsible for publicizing the work of The Center for Understanding in Conflict (“CUC”) and programs through CUC’s website, social media and other digital platforms. In coordination with CUC’s leadership, the Communications and Administration Associate produces, curates, edits, and publishes social media content; drafts and manages a monthly e-newsletter; manages the website and online assets (photos, video, etc.); and tracks metrics for online engagement. The Communications and Administration Associate also engages in light design work and provides some administrative and logistical support for CUC’s programs, including managing registrations and booking venues. This is a15-20 hr/week position and will be performed remotely using your own computer and internet access. Starting date for this position is in January 2020.
- Manage social media, e-newsletter and email outreach, including producing, curating, editing and publishing social media content and drafting/compiling and managing e-newsletter
- Maintain CUC’s website using WordPress
- Design and produce graphics and written materials for programs
- Respond to inquiries about CUC and its programs over email and by phone
- Manage program registrations and some program logistics
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Please include the word “purple” in your cover letter.
- Familiarity with using social media platforms and ability to manage organizational presence on them
- Good design skills and an interest in creating visually appealing informational materials
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, warmly and professionally with diverse audiences orally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and to meet deadlines
- Experience using WordPress and Microsoft Office (including Word and Excel)
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively from a remote/home environment, including providing your own computer and internet access